AdSense Link Units are being Retired: Google Adsense has agreed to remove ads for links. Google Announced, from 10-03-2021 Adsense users cant use text ads.
This is to modernize the available ad formats for Google Adsense, based on input from users, publishers, and advertisers. Google Adsense focuses on optimizing and creating other formats of ads to help you expand.
What does the mean “AdSense Link Units Retire”?
- Users will no longer be able to create link ad units.
- link ad units will be renamed with [previously link ad unit] added to the end of the ad unit name. This will apply to both responsive and fixed-size link ad units.
- Responsive link ads will begin to serve display ad units on your site(s).
- Fixed-size link ads will stop serving on your site(s). Adsense collapse each ad unit where possible. In other cases, Adsense will show a blank ad.
What about your Adsense earnings?
Google Adsense experiments show that, for the vast majority of publishers, responsive display ads can perform as well as link ads. Google Adsense is constantly optimizing responsive display ads to maximize performance. Users will be able to monitor the performance of your link units through the ad units report to compare performance before and after.
What to do next?
In regards to your responsive link advertising, there is no action expected from you as they will start serving show advertisements from 10-03-2021. You don need to change anything because Google handles all the things automatically.
Google Adsense recommends that user remove the fixed-size link ad units from your site and try out the following ad formats instead:
- You can let Auto ads scan your site and automatically place ads where they’re likely to perform well. Learn more about how to get started with Auto ads.
- Display ads work well anywhere on your site. Learn more about how to create a display ad unit.
- For a customized ad experience, you could try native ads. Learn more about how to create a native ad unit.
- If your site is eligible for Matched content, you can replace your link ad units with a customizable Matched content ad unit. Learn more about customizing Matched content.