Fairness drops each Monday at 7 a.m. PDT and Wednesday and Friday at 6 a.m. PDT, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all of the casts.
Crisis! On the blockchain – Nob6
June 13, 2022 Startup 0 Comments
Hiya and welcome again to Equity, a podcast in regards to the enterprise of startups, the place we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
Alex and Grace are again to cowl the most important, finest, and baddest know-how information. We’re again as soon as once more right here together with your weekly kickoff! Right here’s what we acquired into:
- Shares are down all over the world, with practically each main index that we checked falling 2% or extra.
- Crypto costs are within the tank, with bitcoin and ether dropping double-digit proportion factors within the final day; the mess in crypto-land is deep this morning.
- Celcius community is falling aside, regardless of enormous current fundraises. Exactly what occurs subsequent is just not clear, however it doesn’t look good for the corporate, judging by its imploding token worth.
- In higher information, the Latin American startup scene re-upped its capital reserves proper earlier than the world went risk-off, implying that the area might be nicely capitalized heading into the remainder of the yr.
- The Coinbase CEO’s Twitter rant after a number of the firm’s staff expressed displeasure was notable, in tone, and in addition when it comes to PR technique.
So, yeah, not the happiest present that now we have ever recorded however one which matches the second. As we careworn on the audio model, you aren’t your internet price. We’ll get by this.
Lastly, Fairness is dwell this Thursday, so come cling on Hopin or Twitter Areas!