How to register on Cowin portal for booster dose, precaution dose for senior citizens
Senior residents above the age of 60 are actually eligible for a ‘precaution dose’ or a booster dose of the Covid-19 vaccine. The identical can also be being given to those that are registered as frontline staff akin to healthcare staff, nurses, docs, and so on. Whereas the federal government has stated that there isn’t a have to register to get the ‘precautionary dose,’ and walk-ins are allowed, registering on Cowin could make it simpler to get a hard and fast slot for this booster vaccination dose.
Cowin says customers will probably be eligible for a precaution dose if the next circumstances are met: In case you are registered as a Well being Care Employee (HWC) or a Entrance Line Employee (FLW) or a citizen aged 60 years or extra. Additional, one must already totally vaccinated as per the vaccination particulars recorded on the web site.
The Precaution dose possibility will present provided that 39 weeks have handed after administration of your full vaccination, which is 9 months. Pre-booking a slot on Cowin may even guarantee you’re going in at a hard and fast time and leaving rapidly, which is good given the rising instances for Covid-19.
Right here’s how one can register for ‘precaution dose’ on the Cowin portal or utilizing the Aarogya Setu app
- Open cowin.gov.in or in Aarogya Setu app, go to the Cowin tab, and faucet on the vaccination tab.
- Log in with the cellular quantity, which you may have used for earlier registration. If another person registered in your behalf, please ask them for One Time Password (OTP) when utilizing that exact cellular quantity. Bear in mind, as much as 4 individuals might be registered utilizing the identical cellular quantity on the Cowin portal.
- After you may have logged in, you’ll probably see your title and profile. When you’ve got not been vaccinated to date and are planning to get it completed now, then you’ll need to register.
- For many who are totally vaccinated and eligible for precaution dose, the system will present the slots for Precaution Dose within the Appointments Module.
- Faucet on the ‘Precaution dose’ tab after which select appointments.
- Select the appointment primarily based in your location, Pincode, and so on and faucet/click on on E-book appointment. The appointment ought to get confirmed and particulars might be downloaded from the app.
Registering on Cowin for the primary time: Right here’s how one can do
- For many who are registering for the primary time, you can be required to enter the picture ID sort, quantity, and full title. You have to to enter gender and age as nicely. For the picture ID, you’ll be able to select from a Driving License, Aadhaar Card, and even Passport as picture ID proof.
- After the registration is finished, you can be taken to the “E-book Appointment for Vaccination” web page. Enter particulars like State/UT, Pincode, and so on, and search.
- A listing of vaccination centres will seem relying in your location. Select your required time and date and guide an appointment.
Take into account that Cowin recommends that customers ought to carry their registered cell phone, Picture ID to the appointment. It additionally states that senior residents, who’re aged 60 years or extra and who’ve co-morbidities, ought to take precaution dose, solely after medical recommendation. Additionally, a session as soon as booked can’t be cancelled, however it may be rescheduled. As soon as your appointment is confirmed, an SMS may even include particulars confirming the identical.