Whats up and welcome again to Equity, a podcast concerning the enterprise of startups, the place we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
Alex and Grace are again to cowl the largest, boldest and baddest know-how information. That is our Monday present, coming to you this week on a Tuesday as, hey, yesterday was a vacation for a lot of American staff, in honor of Juneteenth. So, we’re doing our weekly kickoff sooner or later later than common. Right here’s what we received into:
- Shares are greater globally, whereas the crypto market is considerably quiet after a tumultuous few weeks.
- We’re developing on the top of Q2 2022, which signifies that we’re directly heading into earnings season (woo!) and one other enterprise capital information set to parse. Get excited.
- Musk has been busy world wide, serving to keep Ukraine online, seeing his vehicles come under some censure in China, and nonetheless talking his way through buying twitter.
- In startup-land: LeadSquared raised an enormous spherical, and is now a unicorn. Platform.sh raised an enormous spherical, however we aren’t certain what it’s price. And Stashfin additionally put an enormous quantity of capital and debt onto its personal books.
- The fintech VC market continues to be alive, regardless of warning bells from, effectively, in every single place. Magic Eden simply raised for an NFT market, we observe. (Although costs are, sure, coming down.)
That’s our present! We’re again tomorrow and Friday!
Fairness drops each Monday at 7 a.m. PDT and Wednesday and Friday at 6 a.m. PDT, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all of the casts.